Thursday, June 23, 2011

I never left the soapbox!

"Today, a bi-partisan group of representatives introduced the first federal bill since 1937 aimed at ending marijuana prohibition. To coincide with the bill’s introduction NORML is launching a new public service announcement featuring NORML Advisory Board member, country music icon, and cannabis enthusiast Willie Nelson. In the video below, Willie calls on you to support this important legislation and to contact your elected officials and encourage them to do the same."



I'm really thrilled that Congress is taking a serious look at this issue. I thought it was all but impossible to breach the subject with lawmakers. There was a petition that was sent to the United Nations 2 months ago asking for a global end to the war on drugs. Perhaps that was more effective that I thought it would be?

Here's hoping for some progressive Marijuana Legal Reform.

http://norml.org/


1 comment:

  1. Dude, me too. It's surprising me how well it's being received in the government. I think that the budget crisis plays no small part. At least one good thing may come out of this.

    ReplyDelete